Tuesday 17 November 2009

Review: SONIC BOOM by Kiss

I've had two weeks now to get familiar with the NEW Kiss album SONIC BOOM. In truth, I'm not the biggest Kiss fan in the world ... classics like Lick It Up, Crazy Crazy Nights, Creatures Of The Night, Domino, Heart Of Chrome, Reasons To Live get regular air play ... so I wasn't phased out about the album's release. However some sixth sense urged me to buy the album. I GLAD I DID! Four days after its purchase I was still playing the album. It was addictive in truth. Not totally classic Kiss ... apart from Modern Day Delilah ... but it is a GOOD album. Enjoyable if you are not prepared to compare it totally with the old stuff. The tracks do blend in when included in a Kiss playlist ... but it's going to disappoint diehard Kiss fans who were possibly expecting something more. Anyway. I ENJOY THE ALBUM. Most of the tracks now register around 15 - 25 on my Ipod play count so it can't be all that bad. I rate the tracks as follows:

Modern Day Delilah - 9/10
Russian Roulette - 6/10
Never Enough - 8/10
Yes I Know (Nobody's Perfect) - 7/10
Stand - 5/10
Hot And Cold - 6/10
All For The Glory - 8/10
Danger Us - 7/10
I'm An Animal - 7/10
When Lightning Strikes - 6/10
Say Yeah - 8/10